Theater Segment – August 7, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Theater Segment
DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE w/ Robbie Wayne re: Artistic Director @ 611 S. Palm Cyn., Dr., Ste., #16. Palm Springs, CA.
– REPORT on the beautiful new theater. Old Zelda’s nightclub in 7,000 square feet. 15-foot ceilings, balcony for the VIP receptions etc. Now they can use “roll-on” sets. Booths, hi-tops, a bar, theater seating.
– REPORT that folks can “co-produce/sponsors” upcoming shows by calling the theater.
– REPORT on upcoming shows w/ full band:
“The Great American Trailer Park Musical” closing soon.
“The Rocky Horror Show” Oct 26 – Nov., 12.
“Xanadu” Sept., 30 – Oct., 17.
“Hedwig and the Angry Inch” Nov 4- 21.
“Christmas w/ the Crawfords” Dec., 9 – 26.
– DISCUSSION of the mission statement; Promote positive LGBTQ materials and be a positive influence in the community.
– REPORT on the close restaurants; P.S. Air Bar, Boucher, Palms Greens Café.
– DISCUSSION of the support from the community.
Museum Segment – August 7, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Museum Segment
PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM w/ Scott Slaven re: Director of Marketing, Communications and Graphic Design. 101 N. Museum Dr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that masks are still required in the Museum.
Main Museum (on Museum Way) is open Thurs., Fri., Sat., Sun.
Arch and Design Center (on Baristo and E. Palm Cyn.,) will open Sept., 9 w/ an exhibition about the Modern Chair.
Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden is open Sunrise to Sunset.
– NEW EXHIBITIONS @ the Main Museum;
1. Robert Longo’s “Storm of Hope: Law and Disorder” the oversized charcoal drawings.
2. Agnes Pelton: Desert Transcendentalist – her 2 exhibitions will close on Sept., 5
3. Helen Frankenthaler abstract exhibition will come soon.
4. “Contemporary Photography” from the Permanent Collection.
– REPORT on the Persimmon Bistro & Wine Bar @ the P.S. Art Museum that will be closed until Sept., 25.
– REPORT that you still need to get your admission tickets on-line. FREE on Thurs., from 5 to 7 and get them on-line.
“Go Green” Segment – August 7, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitl Pena re: 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on: Our 60th Anniversary Webinar “60 Years: A legacy of sustainability” in conjunction with Palm Springs Historical Society is scheduled for 2 p.m. on Sept. 15. Go to www.dwa.org/virtual to register or view our previous webinars.
– REPORT on: Check out our history page at www.dwa.org/60. It has lots of great vintage photos and information on all our milestones throughout the years.
– REPORT on: Our lobby is open to the public again. We opened up on June 23. Masks are required for all visitors regardless of vaccination status.
– REPORT on: Late fees resume this month – August. We urge customers to get paid up to avoid a $20 late fee.
– REPORT on: Water bill assistance is available through Help2Others. We increased it from $100 to $200 a year. Go to www.dwa.org/h2o to apply or for more info.
– REPORT on: In response to drought conditions in California, we’re asking customers to step up and save and do their part to be more water efficient. We have incentives that can help. Go to www.dwa.org/save to learn more.
“Cyber Chat” Segment – August 7, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – “Cyber Chat” Segment
EGGHEADIT w/ Dennis Shelly re:
– QUESTIONS from “Joey Pals”.
1. How do scammers work? (Seem to happen @ grocery stores and gas stations. Report on how/where the cameras are placed to scan/scam your card. Radio Frequency is used. Even the new cards are susceptible. Use a “blocker” to put your card in.)
2. Will this get better? (No, artificial intelligence will be scanning your cards “automatically”).
– DISCUSSION for Windows 11 is coming out. Will come thru an update. New PC’s w/ Windows 11 installed will be ready by Christmas this year.
– REPORT that the official release of Windows 11 will be in quarter 4.
– DISCUSSION of the changes you will see in Windows 11 vs. 10. Taskbar, file explorers, multi-tasking, The Microsoft store is completely changed. You can see some of these changes now.
– REPORT that any time there is a massive new operating system change we will have to re-learn new things. Should be safer. Dennis can give you lessons in basics thru advanced computer usage.
– REPORT on how Dennis can “take over” your computer and NOW also your phone and IPad remotely, monitor hacks, and run all diagnostic checks for $50./month for up to 3 devices. Spam Assassin is one of his programs. He can check remotely if you have the TPM on your computer.
1. $20/month – Standard program – Covers 1 user, 3 devices. Anti-virus and discount rates for on-site service.
2. $34. – Advanced program. – Anti-virus and unlimited “over-the-phone” support.
3. $50/month – Premium program. – All of the above PLUS data back up and security.
DAPHealth/Revivals Segment – August 7, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 3 – DAPHealth/Revivals Segment
MR. COMMUNITY w/ Steven Henke re: Director of Brand Marketing @ 1695 N. Sunrise Way, P.S. 92262.
– REPORT on 4 REVIVALS @ www.revivalsstores.com @ all four stores. Open 7 days a week. 10 to 6 PM. All precautions and protocols are in place.
– DISCUSSION of the volume of donations that are coming in during this time.
– DISCUSSION that there is a big increase in folks buying tchotchkes and creating a market on Instagram and SELLING THEM. We can get them @ Revivals.
– REPORT on the “High-low off we go”. “50-Second Finds” w/ John on the Revivals website.
– REPORT that all stores are now recommending masks when indoors.
– REPORT that DAP Health has now mandated vaccinations for ALL 229 employees because a universal mask mandate is not enough to prevent the Delta variant. Recommended by Dr. D. Morris.
– HOLD THE DATE for the FREE Oct., 30, Aids Walk, “Together Again”. Kick off @ Ruth Hardy Park @ 8 AM @ the Health and Wellness Village. Walk starts @ 10 AM. Registration is open now. Sign up @ www.desertaidswalk.org. Family and pet friendly.
– REPORT on where the funds from the Walk go. Monies go to over 10,000 neighbors that get their health care @ DAP Health.
– DISCUSSION that we must not forget DAP Health and fighting HIV and Aids because we are so focused on COVID.
– SAVE THE DATE; Sept., 13 @ Oscars for a transgender support event.
– REPORT that all 4 Revivals Stores (Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Palm Desert and Indio) are now open 10 AM to 6 PM. You can drop off @ each store and get a receipt for your taxes. You can schedule a pick-up and home cleanup too.