“Go Green” Segment – August 7, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitl Pena re: 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on: Our 60th Anniversary Webinar “60 Years: A legacy of sustainability” in conjunction with Palm Springs Historical Society is scheduled for 2 p.m. on Sept. 15. Go to www.dwa.org/virtual to register or view our previous webinars.
– REPORT on: Check out our history page at www.dwa.org/60. It has lots of great vintage photos and information on all our milestones throughout the years.
– REPORT on: Our lobby is open to the public again. We opened up on June 23. Masks are required for all visitors regardless of vaccination status.
– REPORT on: Late fees resume this month – August. We urge customers to get paid up to avoid a $20 late fee.
– REPORT on: Water bill assistance is available through Help2Others. We increased it from $100 to $200 a year. Go to www.dwa.org/h2o to apply or for more info.
– REPORT on: In response to drought conditions in California, we’re asking customers to step up and save and do their part to be more water efficient. We have incentives that can help. Go to www.dwa.org/save to learn more.