Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week/Time Passages Segment
– HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Bill Finley and HAPPY “SWEET 16” to granddaughter Alea Leilani.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Marty Webster, re: “Aspen Mills Bakery”
– Easter pies, hot cross buns and Easter stolen and challah bread available.
– All the different dinner rolls.
– New location in LaQuinta @ Washington Park Shopping Center with same products.
– 4 flavors of low carb breads too.
– Sandwich trays.
– Has a booth @ C.O.D. and up in the High Desert today and street fair on Thursday night.
– Can fax in an order…they deliver too.
– Open until 6:30 today.
– Best tuna salad in either a sandwich or salad.
– 9.28.1933 – 3.23.2018
– Services will be Thursday April 5, @ 2 PM @ Sacred Heart Church in Palm Desert.
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Symphony Segment
THE DESERT SYMPHONY
Nancy Tapick…President of the Desert Symphony.
Presented through the generosity of the Auen Foundation. www.auenfoundation.org.
– Memories of Jim and Jackie Lee Houston.
– Remembering Patricia Bosley’s guest conducting the Desert Symphony.
– Sat., Ap., 7 – Boz Skaggs Concert @ McCallum.
– Dinner package available @ Jillians or Wally’s.
– Raju Mehta, of El Paseo Jewelers will be honored w/ the Amadeus Award.
– Be certain to go to the legitimate www.mccallumtheatre.com website.
– HOLD THE DATE: 4/10 – “Becoming Marilyn Monroe”, starring Sunny Thompson, world premiere @ the Camelot Theater as part of the American Documentary Film Festival.
Hour 1 Seg 3 – Animals/Fashion Week Palm Springs Segment
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
– Her daughter is getting married in Hawaii next week.
– Easter tips…..no chocolate for dogs…it can kill them.
– No Easter grass for cats.
– No Easter Lilies for cats, especially the pollen can kill you cats. Perhaps tulips instead.
– Think twice about giving live bunnys (can be litter box trained) and chicks for gifts.
– Friends and family visiting is disruptive and may leave doors and gates open by accident.
– Kitten Season is here. Do not remove the new-born kittens away from a hunting mother cat. Then call Loving All Animals for assistant.
– It is illegal in the State of Ca. to tie a dog up, even in your own yard.
STYLE FASHION WEEK PALM SPRINGS
Amado Salinas re: 4/5,6,7,8, 2018
– Had 40,000 attend two years ago.
– Style Fashion Week P.S. @ the P.S. Air Museum, opens @ 5. Two shows each night @ 7 and 9 PM.
– Fashion, music, Art.
– Tix run from $15 to tables for $1,500.
– HOLD THE DATE: 4/13 – 15 & 4/20 – 22, “Dusk Till Dawn” @ Ruben’s Ranch Coachella. www.dusktilldawnx.com
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Travel Segment
– July 14-23 – Peruvian Explorer, Machu Picchu = $2,995. Including air. 3 day Amazon extension available.
– Oct., 4-12 – Highlights of Poland = $1,995. Including air.
-Oct., 29-Nov., 12 – Singapore, Bali, Bangkok and Hong Kong = $2,995. Including air.
Hour 2 Seg 2 – 5th Saturday, Neuro Vitality Center Segment
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
– Celebrating their 40th Anniversary w/ “A Night in Tuscany” on Friday, 4/20 @ the Neuro Vitality Center, 2800 E. Alejo, P.S.
– Italian Feast, Silent Auction, Entertainment w/ award-winning Italian Classic Vocalist Gerald Colucci.
– Individual tix $40 to To Sponsor client $35. …$400. table sponsorship and $350. Patient table sponsorship.
– Center has new features, yard, etc.,
– A Doctor must sign off that you have had a stroke, have Parkinsons, MS, etc.,
– Boxing and bicycle programs for clients.
– Visitors to our Valley, who have strokes while here, are given skills, exercises and therapies to continue when they go back home, where there is no such center.
Hour 2 Seg 3 – 5th Saturday 1st Gallery Segment
5th Saturday 1st Gallery Segment
– Remodeling of the building @ The Atrium Design Center in Rancho Mirage.
– Desert Aid Project awarded him the “Everyday Hero” Award.
– He’s the last of the original founders of DAP.
– Open 6 days a week, closed on Sundays.
– All framing services.
Continuation of Travel and NVCenter Segment
Steve Kanold and Bev Greer
Steve – Nov., 16-25 – Bangkok, Thailand, “Land of Smiles” and Temples of Angkor Wat, Cambodia = $1,995. Including air.
Steve – Jan., 21-31 – French Polynesia = $2,995. Including taxes & part fees.
Steve – FREE Travel Club of the Desert, 4/4 @ Best Western Plus in Palm Desert.
Bev – F.A.S.T. signs of a stroke. Face, Arms, Speech and Time.
Bev – Standard of care for response time to get to the Hospital is now 12 to 24 hours.
Hour 3 Seg 1 – 5th Saturday, Wheel Segment
– Cleans carpet and tile.
– No chemicals in his products.
– Should do once a year, depending on your lifestyle.
– Disinfects because water is over 200 degrees.
– Does water removal for flood damage.
PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAM
– TOMORROW EASTER – 1st tram is up @ 5 AM, service starts @ 6 AM, (Pastor Robert) Breakfast buffet, etc.,
– Ride ‘n Dine starts after that.
– Chef Frank Decker.
– The Skyline Trail up to the Tram is considered the most challenging hike in the United States.
– $25.95 Combo for Tram and breakfast until 7:30 AM.
– $36. Tram ride and dinner.
– Last tram down 9:30 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – 5th Saturday, Wheel Segment
– Before Ap., 15 – special rebate of $500.
– Tax rebates still available thru 2019.
– Your rental fee for the solar equipment will be less than your current electric bill.
– Energy bills will go up soon.
– Installation of solar is only a few days.
– Free estimates.
– $10 to $15./month will be your new energy bill.
AIRMEDCARE NETWORK/REACH AIR MEDICAL SERVICES
– If you have an accident @ the top of the Tram and they are a member the helicopter can save you.
– Dispatch thru 911 to first responders and then to them…..Not an air taxi.
– Your local air ambulance membership provider offering life-saving services to communities across the U.S.
– Two memberships – 1. “Fly-U-Home” airplane transport, bedside to bedside, $149./yr OR 2.“Emergent” Life or Limb, helicopter transport, $65./yr. both include your entire household, renters, college students, etc.,
– Get your questions answered 5/11 – 13: @ Palm Springs Hot Rodeo @ Equestrian Center in Banning.
Call Kellie @ (760) 218-0802
5th Saturday, Wheel Segment
Steven Henke, President of the Palm Springs Chamber of Commerce.
– Chamber’s Co-working space is now open for visitors, tourists and locals. Facilitate opportunities and introductions for all. Where good people and great ideas come together.
– Palm Springs Chamber City Guide Magazine is out.
– DAP is raising money for the new construction campaign over @ Sunrise and Vista Chino….to aid the 51 % of residents in the CV living at or below the poverty level.
– 60 more units of affordable housing will be built. www.dapvisions2020.org
– First Thurs., of every month 50% off all men’s donated clothing.
– First Friday., of every month 50% off all women’s donated clothing.
– TODAY, 20% off all new furniture, lighting, rugs and accessories; 20 % off outdoor cushions and accessories; 25% off close-out sheet sets; 50% off donated art; 30% off new outdoor pottery.
– “REV Club” for Revivals Extreme Values email list.
– 3 stores, Palm Springs, Cathedral City and Palm Desert, with all different merchandise.
– Revivals needs Volunteers. Training will be provided and you can do as little as 4 hours a week.
– Need cashiers @ the Cathedral City Revivals.
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Talk of Stars/Restaurant of the Week Segment
re: Her book signing of “My Days, Happy and Otherwise” on 4/7 @ Just Fabulous book store, 515 N. Palm Canyon Dr., Palm Springs.
– Why she wrote the book.
– Told how she got her start and her career progressed.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
re: “Azul, the New Color of Palm Springs”, and “Crazy Mels, Burgers and Bar” both are “day drinking” establishments.
– Azul – TOMORROW, 3/25, 12:30 pm: Disco Drag Brunch…Flash Mob style. $3. Bloody Mary’s and “all you can drink champagne”.
– Azul – Wed.,3/28, 7 PM: Paint Nite w/ $3.50 cocktails for the first hour and then an art lesson w/ pre-set paints and changeable instructors.
– Azul – Thurs., 3/29, 7 PM: Village Fest
– Azul – Open 7 days a week, 11 AM to 9 or 10.
– Crazy Mels – Burgers priced from $4. to $8.50 and includes fries and a drink.
– Crazy Mels – Open 7 days a week, 11 AM to 9 or 10.
– Crazy Mels – Delivery available.
– Crazy Mels – The only clear/entire view of the mountains from their patio.