Cannabis Segment – March 3, 2018
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Cannabis Segment
– CBD – cannabidiol that has no THC, it is a by-product of marijuana. Do not need a “card” to purchase CBD, just be 21 w/ valid identification
– CBD helps cancer sufferers.
– Clients = recreational users are limited to amount of marijuana they can buy.
– Patients = medicinal users, w/ a medical marijuana card. Can buy higher doses, etc.,
– Cannibis uses for animals. Actually, CBD Helps them to relax.
– No documented deaths from a marijuana overdose, etc.,
– No appointment necessary…. Open 9 AM to 9 PM, 7 days a week and they deliver anywhere in the State. Can’t take credit cards etc., over the phones.
Cultural/Museum Segment – March 3, 2018
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Cultural/Museum Segment
PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM
Victoria Taormina re: on being the Curatorial Assistant.
– Helps to decide what kind of art the community might want to see. Has 2 Art History Degrees.
– The Main Museum, the Architecture, and Design Center and the P.D. Galen 7 Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden.
– 3/3 – 5/28 – Andy Warhol’s iconic print work on the Main Floor. Will have an “Interactive Print Studio” from 3/11 – 4/29. Open to the public provided w/ admission to the Museum. Also “Flaming Creatures” from Michael Childers.
PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER
– Curator of the Artists Residency program for the Palm Springs Cultural Center.
– “Jump for Joy” project for the entire Coachella Valley.
– These individual photos become a cultural statement for the Community.
– Creating programs and events what is culturally significant in the community and beyond.
PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER
– The Artist in Residence for 3 months.
– “Jump for Joy Photo Project” is to capture the essence of joy for/in anyone, anywhere that we all have.
– Can set up photo shoots @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Can take candid photos of people “on the street” w/ a real camera for the project.
– All these photos will become a mural
L.G.B.T./D.A.P./Revivals Segments – March 3, 2018
Hour 3 Seg 1 – L.G.B.T./D.A.P./Revivals Segments
DESERT AIDS PROJECT/”MR. COMMUNITY”
– 3/3 – TONIGHT concert @ the Gardens @ 6 PM benefits DAP. Tix. are $15. Steve will be handing out discount cards
– 3/4 – Shann Caar will host an Oscar Party @ the Mary Pickford Theater in Cathedral City to benefit DAP and the L Fund
– 3/8 – Trina Turk/Mr. Turk Palm Desert store where Steve will host the new Spring Collection from 4 to 6 PM.
re: promoted to Volunteer Project Manager for all of D.A.P.
– Last week’s 20% off all new furniture sale.
– First Thurs., and Fri., of the month is 50% off for women and men’s clothing.
– Need Volunteer’s and Revivals will train….minimum of 4 hours a week
THE CENTER PS
– 3/4 – Oscar’s Viewing Party @ Chill Bar on Arenas w/ Community Oscar Awards @ 3 PM to benefit the Center.
– 3/9 – “Red Dress, Dress Red” Party @ P.S. Air Museum next week, is sold out.
L.G.B.T. Segment – March 3, 2018
Hour 3 Seg 2 – L.G.B.T. Segment
POZLIFE WEEKEND SEMINAR
– Is the Executive Director and Co-founder of the organization.
– 4/7 & 8, FREE Seminar in Palm Springs.
– Healing, informative, and transformational workshop for people living with HIV or AIDS and their loved ones.
– Topics: drug treatment options, clinical trials, disclosure, relationships, nutrition and HIV, sex and intimacy, public benefits, sound bath, art therapy, yoga, support groups and much more.
– Will have snacks, beverages and lunch.
– Will have 3 Key Note speakers and 10 more thru the week.
– Location will be announced when you register.
“Go Green” Segment – March 3, 2018
Hour 3 Seg 3 – “Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY
– TODAY is final class of the Water Counts Academy class. One class a year. FREE program @ UCR Palm Desert Campus.
– 3/25 from 1 to 3 PM. “Butterfly Block Party” @ DWA @ Gene Autry and Dinah Shore w/ Desert Milkweed plants where Queen and Monarch butterflies lay their eggs.
– Big wall art mural designed in conjunction w/ P.S.H.S. Art Dept.
– Proposed water increases in July.
(760) 323-4971 Ext. 184
– Solar, batteries and better.
– 2 or 3 months to get permits, approvals etc.,
– Actual installation is 3 to 4 days.
– No money down w/ SunPower lease. Can do a loan-to-own, which eventually you pay it off and own it.
– The lease on your solar equipment will be less than you SCE bill. Save 20 to 30% on your energy bill.
– Do estimates based on your last 12 months of energy bills, do a site survey, look @ your electrical panel.