“Legal Eagle” Segment – November 15, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – “Legal Eagle” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
LAW OFFICES OF ROBERT L. FIRTH w/ Robert Firth re: 68910 Adelina Road, Cathedral City, CA. 92234.
– REPORT that Robert’s expertise is in two areas….1) Consumer Bankruptcy, #7 and #13.
2) Estate Planning
– REPORT THAT A WILL only has the authority that a Probate Judge will give it. Then you must;
1. File the will in Probate Court.
2. Then you must file a petition naming someone as the executor or the administrator of the estate.
– This process takes 90 days.
3. You must establish that it is a true will.
– REPORT that a hand-written will is legal in CA.
1. Must be in your handwriting.
2. Show that this is your intent.
3. Must tell that these are your wishes.
4. Does not have to be witnessed.
– REPORT on the difference between living and dead beneficiaries.
– REPORT on the costs of going thru Probate. (A living trust bypasses Probate)
1. $480. Filing fee paid to Riverside County.
2. $600. Advertising fee.
3. .1 Probate referee has to appraise the assets.
4. 4% goes to the lawyer for the first $100,000 and then on a sliding scale.
5. The executor gets the same amount of money.
– REPORT that No more moratorium on evictions and foreclosures. He does wills, probates and estate planning. He is on a TV webinar explaining trusts on KESQ early Sat., morning.
– (contact info: www.firthlaw.com and (760) 770-4066).