City of Palm Springs “Mr. Community” Segment – October 25, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 2 – City of Palm Springs “Mr. Community” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS/MR. COMMUNITY w/ Steve Henke
– REPORT on the shows @ Dan Gore’s Oscars and the Downtown Park that Nona Watson has organized so beautifully.
– HOLD THE DATES:
1. Sat., Oct., 28 for the Health Equity Walk focused on L.G.B.T.Q. folks and issues. Step off from Ruth Hardy Park.
– REPORT that DAP Health is an organization that serves all people and communities and that you can walk for many/any of the many causes.
– FEATURES; The Memorial Pavilion for souls lost during the Aids Epidemic. The Gay Men’s Chorus. The Ribbon Cutting cut by folks “aging w/ aids”. Get there @ 7:30 for the FREE breakfast, all kinds of information about health and wellness. Visit one of the non-profits that will be there.
2. REVIVALS new ad campaign “Style Never Gets Old”. Features women of a ‘certain age’ “embrace your inner icon” for your authentic self.
– REPORT on the 4 Revivals Stores and go to www.revivalsstores.com and sign up for the Rev Club for a weekly email about events and sales @ Revivals.
(contact info: www.daphealth.org).
– REPORT on “Revivals After Dark” had over 1,000 folks come in 90 minutes and helped to raise over $25,000. This event has become an expansion for everyone, not just the Leather Community.
– REPORT that next month we’ll start to talk about the Steve Chase.
– (contact info: www.daphealth.org. )