cont. City of Palm Springs Segment – October 25, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – cont. City of Palm Springs Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
cont. CITY OF PALM SPRINGS w/ Scott Stiles re: City Manager for the City of Palm Springs.
– REPORT on where Scott came to us from; Garden Grove for 7 and a half years; Cincinnati for 27 years before that.
– DISCUSSION of his wife Kelly and two daughters.
– DISCUSSION of the “tone” and “acceptance” of all the folks living here and the way we all get along. How glad everyone seems to be to have found Palm Springs and to live here.
– REPORT of his job description; He’s like the CEO of an organization. Runs the day-to-day operations of the City.
– DISCUSSION of how he “got up to speed” so quickly.
– REPORT on the staff he has AND how he depends on the Heads of all the City’s Departments.
– DISCUSSION of how different or similar the job description is from city to city. I.E. Snow vs. Sand. Lol
– REPORT that the issues of “homelessness” keeps him up @ night the most. The big “Navigation” Center that will open in February in North Palm Springs. Also the Airport Expansion. Convention Center Master Plan. New Fire station needed downtown.
– REPORT that Scott is most proud of the Palm Springs Staff and their performance during Hurricane Hilary.
– (contact info: www.palmspringsca.gov).