Eisenhower Health Segment – October 25, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
EISENHOWER HEALTH w/ Lee Rice Public Information Officer, Media Co-ordinator and Communications Specialist, Bill Stark President of Mended Hearts of Coachella Valley and Scott Strech Administrative officer for Eisenhower Health Cardiovascular Institute. 39000 Bob Hope Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270.
– REPORT that Eisenhower Health was most recently recognized by Mended Hearts as regional, division and national Hospital of the Year. One of our cardiac nurses, Alyssa Baldi was also recognized as Mended Hearts regional Nurse of the Year.
– REPORT on the mission statement of Mended Hearts. It has been around 70 plus years. Began on the East Coast. Needed a support group for folks who had open heart surgery in the beginning….then expanded it to all heart issues.
– REPORT that in 2001 a chapter formed in the Coachella Valley to speak to anyone who has had a heart procedure. ALL THESE VOLUNTEERS are called “accredited visitor” and have had a heart procedure themselves.
– REPORT that there are 11 Volunteers who are accredited now.
– DISCUSSION of Bill’s experience and his family history.
– REPORT from Scott, who is an RN, that in his 35 years of doing this, it is the first time to be associated w/ such a top, award-winning hospital as EH.
– DISCUSSION from Scott about his 325 health-care heroes that come to work every day to help “mend the broken hearts” of patients AND THEIR FAMILIES.
– REPORT that they come into the mix before and after the surgery. The Staff is grateful and thankful to be w/ these patients as part of a National Peer Support Program.
– DISCUSSION that these services and programs didn’t exist and have developed as the surgery has progressed as well.
– (contact info: www.eisenhowerhealth.org and (760) 837-8601).