cont.“Senior Moment” Segment – October 11, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 2 – cont.“Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond, re: 75-270 Hwy., 111, Ste., 204, Indian Wells 92210.
– MISSION STATEMENT that Dementia Help Center is the rescue plan for family caregivers. Offer individual and family coaching, personalized planning, care management and placement when the time comes. Fear cripples, but knowledge empowers.
– QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS”
1. Are anti-psychotic medications are dangerous for folks w/ Dementia? (Df., of “off label”. Was created for one issue, but works well for another condition. Drugs in this category are very specific for individual patients. Not one size fits all drugs. These drugs MAY be ok for someone w/ Alzheimers.)
2. If you sit 10 hours a day will that increase my chances of getting Dementia? (Sitting too much decreases the blood flow to the brain and everywhere else. When combined w/ other “health deficits” such as bad diet etc., it’s bad for every part of your body)
– REPORT that you should go from “care giver” to “care manager”. 70% of family members caring for a family member will develop a life-threatening illness.
– REPORT on their bi-monthly “THRIVE” support group for ALL LEVELS IS BACK. Open to clients, family, care-givers. They also have a ZOOM meeting. Call for the link. FREE CONSULTATIONS. Indian Wells group meets 1st and 3rd Wed., of each month. La Quinta group meets 2nd and 4th Wed., in Old Town. of each month.
– (contact info: www.dementiahelpcenter.com and (760) 636-6355).