“Senior Moment” Segment – October 11, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen C.E.O., re: 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– REPORT of their mission statement and that Neuro Vitality Center is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC 5 days a week; 8 AM to 2 PM.
– HOLD THE DATES: Oct., 19 – 29th. Fundraiser @ the Foundation Lounge “Forbidden Broadway’s Greatest Hits” 22 top Broadway Songs w/ a TWIST. Show times are on the website. The piano is named “Myrtle”. Tix are $35. w/ open seating. Snack bar. Limited seating.
– REPORT that Allan is conducting a “staged reading” series for clients.
– ANNOUNCEMENT; Open Mic is back!!!! Every Wednesday. Tonight doors open @ 6 PM, performing starts @ 6:30 to 9 PM. Joel Baker on “Myrtle”. Now the volunteer staff is doing a snack bar and drinks. Fee is $10. Bring you sheet music AND IF YOU DON’T HAVE ANY, don’t worry, Joel can play anything.
– ANNOUNCEMENT of the Saturday Showcase Shows.
Will begin in Oct., One artist does 1 hour. No real audition, just go in and talk to Allan. Allan will even “mentor” beginners. This has been very successful…i.e. The Palms in the High Desert.
– REPORT that there will be a Saturday Showcase every Sat., thru the end of April, 2024.
– REPORT the state has just ruled that the CBAS Program (thru the Dept. of Aging and their standard of care) and the Desert Memory Center can now be combined for clients.
– REPORT on the Memory Care Facility.
1. Free 3 days a week
2. Two programs; CBAS and Memory Club.
3. A really safe environment.
4. Transportation via Sunline.
5. 8 AM to 2 PM w/ 2 meals, activities, exercise, etc.
– (contact info; www.neurovitalitycenter.org and (760) 323-7676).