American Legion Segment – October 10, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – American Legion Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
American Legion Dept. of CA (Salinas Heritage Group) w/ Amado Salinas. National Legislative Council for the Dept., of CA.; National Media and Communications Committee for the American Legion; Judge Advocate Dept., of CA. of the American Legion; Area 5 District 1 First Vice for membership; National Legislation Council for By-laws and Constitution; Life member of American Legion Post 519 @ 400 N. Belardo, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on 248th birthday for the United States Navy. Marine Corp birthday is next month.
– CONGRATULATIONS on new commander of Post 519 and new executive board. Members meet the second Tuesday of every month @ 1700 hrs.
– REPORT on the meeting for the National Media and Communications and the strategic plan going forward…i.e. reducing the number of Veteran suicides. Call 988 to reach out to someone @ risk of suicide. “Be The One”. There is a Veteran Post Officer @ Post 519 and you’ll get a trained individual to help.
– REPORT that he just got back from National Conference. Important to know that the votes of all Veterans help push thru bills that are beneficial for the military of the next generation. Flag salute is going away in schoolrooms etc.
– (contact info; www.calegion.org or www.rallyforvets.com and (760) 325-6229)