cont.“Senior Moment” Segment – September 13, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 2 – cont.“Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Lisa Stanford, a family care co-ordinator. re: 75-270 Hwy., 111, Ste., 204, Indian Wells 92210.
– MISSION STATEMENT that Dementia Help Center is the rescue plan for family caregivers. Offer individual and family coaching, personalized planning, care management and placement when the time comes. Fear cripples, but knowledge empowers.
– REPORT that you should go from “care giver” to “care manager”. 70% of family members caring for a family member will develop a life-,.threatening illness.
– REPORT on their bi-monthly “THRIVE” support group for ALL LEVELS IS BACK. Open to clients, family, care-givers. Also have a ZOOM meeting. Call for the link. FREE CONSULTATIONS. Indian Wells group meets 1st and 3rd Wed., of each month. La Quinta group meets 2nd and 4th Wed., in Old Town. of each month.
– REPORT that don’t live w/ “what they use to be able to do, live in the present”.
– QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS”.
1. Is there a simple drawing test to determine if someone has dementia? (Yes, the clock test. First draw a circle for a clock, size is an indicator also, then put the numbers for hours on the face, then draw the hands for a specified time.)
– REPORT that folks w/ the beginning signs of Alzheimer’s and Dementia are really good @ hiding it.
2. Can breathing smoke lead to Dementia? (Yes, just reported that long term exposure to smoke such as wild fires, farm burns, because the components in this smoke is different than cigarette smoke. Especially dangerous for fire fighters, etc.).
– (contact info: www.dementiahelpcenter.com and (760) 636-6355).