“Senior Moment” Segment – September 13, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen C.E.O., re: 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– REPORT of their mission statement and that Neuro Vitality Center is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC 5 days a week; 8 AM to 2 PM.
– ANNOUNCEMENT; Open Mic is back!!!! Every Wednesday. Tonight doors open @ 6 PM, performing starts @ 6:30 to 9 PM. Joel Baker on keyboard. Now the volunteer staff is doing a snack bar and drinks. Fee is $10. Bring you sheet music AND IF YOU DON’T HAVE ANY, don’t worry, Joel can play anything.
– REPORT that last week there were 18 performers. Come and be in the audience if you don’t want to perform. GREAT SHOW and very professional.
– ANNOUNCEMENT of the Saturday Showcase Shows.
Will begin in Oct., One artist does 1 hour. No real audition, just go in and talk to Allan. Allan will even “mentor” beginners. This has been very successful…i.e. The Palms in the High Desert.
– REPORT that there will be a Saturday Showcase every Sat., thru the end of April, 2024.
– ANNOUNCEMENT that Sun., Sept., 17 from 1 – 4 PM. Allan is holding auditions for “Forbidden Broadway” @ the NVC. This that will be produced in the Foundation Lounge @ NVC the last two weeks in Oct.,
– REPORT the state has just ruled that the CBAS Program (thru the Dept. of Aging and their standard of care) and the Desert Memory Center can now be combined for clients.
– REPORT on the Memory Care Facility.
1. Free 3 days a week
2. Two programs; CBAS and Memory Club.
3. A really safe environment.
4. Transportation via Sunline.
5. 8 AM to 2 PM w/ 2 meals, activities, exercise, etc.
– (contact info; www.neurovitalitycenter.org and (760) 323-7676).