American Legion Segment – September 12, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – American Legion Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
American Legion Dept. of CA (Salinas Heritage Group) w/ Amado Salinas. National Legislative Council for the Dept., of CA.; National Media and Communications Committee for the American Legion; Judge Advocate Dept., of CA. of the American Legion; Area 5 District 1 First Vice for membership; National Legislation Council for By-laws and Constitution; Life member of American Legion Post 519 @ 400 N. Belardo, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– DISCUSSION of Sept., 11, 2001. REMEMBERING Freedom is not Free.
– REPORT that there are 66,000 Veterans in the Coachella Valley.
– REPORT that Sept., is Suicide Awareness Month. You can dial 988 to “Be The One” to report someone who “cries out for help”. There is a Veteran Post Officer @ Post 519 and you’ll get a trained individual to help.
– REPORT that he just got back from National Conference. Important to know that the votes of all Veterans help push thru bills that are beneficial for the military of the next generation. Flag salute is going away in schoolrooms etc.
– TODAY @ Post 519 the vote is being taken for new elected officers.
– (contact info; www.calegion.org or www.rallyforvets.com and (760) 325-6229)