cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – May 10, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – cont.“Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Lisa Stanford re: 75-270 Hwy., 111, Ste., 204, Indian Wells 92210.
– MISSION STATEMENT that Dementia Help Center is the rescue plan for family caregivers. Fear cripples, but knowledge empowers.
– DISCUSSION of the programs that @ Neuro Vitality Center offers.
– QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS” FOR NEXT TIME.
1. is there a drug called Lacanemab that cures Alz? (No, but it is a second approved treatment that addresses the underlying biologoy of Alz and changes the course of the disease.).
2. If you take sleeping pills will that ward off Alz? (Nothing stops Alzheimers. Can impact your memory. Drowsiness, confusion and memory problems…even the over-the-counter ones. For older folks this can cause falls, broken hips, car accidents.).
3. Can picking your nose increase your chances of getting Alzheimers? (Yes, it can lead to bacteria that travels through the olfactory nerve in the nose and into the brain.)
– THE ANSWER TO ALL QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE IS THE DEMENTIAL HELP CENTER.
– Become a care-manager, not a care-giver.
– REPORT on their bi-monthly “THRIVE” support group for ALL LEVELS. Open to clients, family, care-givers. Also have a ZOOM meeting. Call for the link. FREE CONSULTATIONS. Indian Wells group meets 1st and 3rd Wed., of each month. La Quinta group meets 2nd and 4th Wed., in Old Town. of each month.
– DISCUSSION of any change in a person’s gait is a strong indication of what is to come.
– (contact info: www.dementiahelpcenter.com and (760) 636-6355).