“Senior Moment” Segment – May 10, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen re: Ex. Dir. and Program Director – 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– REPORT of their mission statement and that Neuro Vitality Center is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC 5 days a week; 8 AM to 2 PM.
– REPORT on May and the programs.
– REPORT that people on Medical can come to the CBAS program @ NVC 5 days a week and GET ALL THE SERVICES FOR FREE. You get all kinds of therapy AND 2 meals a day.
– REPORT that their kitchen is currently being rented out by Mizel Center for their “Meals on Wheels” program and when they are done with it the end of June, NVC is going to re-do it.
– REPORT that all meals are prepared w/ low sugar and salt re: www.AmericanHeartAssociation.com.
– REPORT on the Community Based Adult Service Program. (CBAS) and the programs offered thru this.
– REPORT that If you are on Medical you can come to the NVC for FREE. Medical is for everybody. You can have Medical on top of Medicare and your secondary insurance.
– REPORT on their Desert Memory Club (DMC CLUB) and it’s common goals w/ Dementia Help Center, for folks w/ more advanced Dementia (16 main ones) and Alzheimer. Discussion of how that is determined. Cost is $20/hour or $88/day 5 days a week. More for the Caregiver and give them a respite. All about dignity for the clients. They have 1 employee for every 8 clients and the clients communicate between themselves in their “own language” so to speak.
– REPORT on the new Parkinson Program that just began March 1. For the clients; 2 one-hour group sessions a week w/ a therapist. A one-hour Zoom group session w/ a speech therapist. $50/week. Case management in ANYTHING thru CAARES.
– (contact info; www.neurovitalitycenter.org and (760) 323-7676).