Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – February 20, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela re: 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Vice President of Population Health and Health Integration.
– DISCUSSION that this is week 155 of the word “pandemic”.
– DISCUSSION of her newly appointed seat on the Board of Directors for the CA. Society of Health System Pharmacists. FABULOUS!!!! Things that come down from the CA. government that might impact pharmacists.
– DEFINITION that she will help guide the profession.
– DISCUSSION of the toxic issues re: the train derailment in Ohio. Lots of petroleum products IN THE AIR. How we keep track of the air quality. Small enough particles to inhale are what cause the problems.
– REPORT that good air filters INSIDE your house will help. Check them.
– DISCUSSION of why they burned the dangerous fumes…also leads to particulates in the air.
– REPORT that it’s especially dangerous for folks w/ existing respiratory issues. Will masks help in any way?
– REPORT that it is still Flu Season, GET YOUR FLU SHOT. Hope to eventually have just one vaccine for both covid and flu.
– REPORT THAT Covid numbers in the County are dropping. No recent deaths.
– DISCUSSION that May 11 may be the end of the Covid emergency. Then vaccinations will probably NOT be FREE anymore. Health organization will begin to plan for the next Pandemic!! Paxlovid will fall into a non-emergency situation.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. Avery Rose R.N.is nominated for an American Heart Association “Woman of Impact” along w/ 2 other employees.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and www.myturn.gov and (760) 969-6555).