Children/Charity Segment – December 6, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – Children/Charity Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
P. S. AIDS MEMORIAL SCULPTURE w/ Jeff Jurasky. re: @ the P.S. Downtown Park. Jeff is an interior designer who has a history w/ Steve Chase.
– REPORT on the fundraising efforts for the sculpture.
– REPORT on the artist, Phillip K. Smith donating his time to create this work in his studio in Palm Desert.
– DISCUSSION of the 9-foot diameter work made of limestone that resembles a donut w/ different looks on each side. It’s the artist’s vision of the loss and trauma of dealing w/ aids.
– REPORT that Jeff did the interior design for the remodel of Peaks @ the Top of the Tram.
– REPORT on the fundraising efforts. The “models” of the work that will be sold to raise monies.
– DISCUSSION that they are about halfway to their $600,000. budget.
– REPORT that there will be a QR code next to the sculpture where visitors can scan it and learn more about all aspects of Aids Funding, Research etc.
– (contact info; www.psaidsmemorial.org and (760) 770-4965.)