Palm Springs International Airport Segment – December 6, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – Palm Springs International Airport Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT w/ Daniel Meier. Re: Deputy Director of Aviation, Marketing & Air Service @ Palm Springs International Airport.
– DISCUSSION that 7,600 folks traveled thru the airport over Thanksgiving. Expecting more for Christmas travel. Expecting to set new records for 2022.
– REPORT that we have 12 airlines and 30 routes.
– REPORT that Avelo (rhymes w/ “hello”) Airlines has extended their summer schedule to Eugene and Bend/Redmond Ore. that will remain seasonal and Santa Rosa thru June 19 as well w/ $69. Fare one-way. (www.aveloair.com).
– DISCUSSION of the mask mandate being gone.
– DISCUSSION of the new baggage system that is in place and how smooth it is working.
– REPORT that there is a new website that will tell you what you can and cannot take. www.tsa.gov and go to the section “what can I bring”.
– REPORT on the new check-in procedure; i.e. TSA. (www.tsa.gov) US Global Entry; Clear (www.clearme.com). Now you don’t have to go to a TSA office, starting soon will just have to go to PSP.
– (contact info: www.flypsp.com)