Museum Segment – December 4, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Museum Segment
ACT FOR MS w/ Ann Greer re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., Ste., # 118, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT on the Holiday Party, “Rock Around the Christmas Tree” Thurs., Dec., 2 @ Acqua California Bistro, $150. @ the River in Rancho Mirage. Entertainment by MTU grads. Chaired by Linda W. and Joanne H.
– REPORT on the Holiday Luncheon they have for all the clients and their families. Bill Marx entertains.
– REPORT that the Act for MS clients do better in a colder climate.
– REPORT that Act for Ms is one of the charities benefited by Barry Manilow’s “A Gift of Love” concerts in December.
– REPORT that all funds raised STAY in the Valley.
– HOLD THE DATE: Gala Sunday March 13.
– HOLD THE DATE: Literary Book Club w/ Ruta Lee on Jan. 16.
– (contact info: www.actforms.org and (760) 773-9806).
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM w/ Ann Greer re:745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that the Museum is open 10 – 5 every day. With over 70 vintage aircraft in 4 hangers.
– REPORT that the B17 used in the film Memphis Belle is now on site. There for the next 2 years.
– REPORT that TODAY is the Sat., before Pearl Harbor. FREE Program (w/ admission) @ 1 PM on the Japanese aircraft @ the time of the attack.
– REPORT on Warbird Rides, listed on websites. – Warbird Rides available for $195. Book online for a ride in one of 2 P-51, (“Bunny” and “Man of War”) C-47, T28, T33 (jet).
– REPORT that Dec., 11 – “Airwing 8” program.
– REPORT that Dec., 10 and 11 the Museum will close early.
– REPORT that Dec., 18 – Santa arrives. “Santa’s Miracle on the Tarmack” sound and lights show that you go thru in YOUR CAR. $25. A car. Buy your tickets on-line.
– REPORT that the Air Museum will be closed Christmas.
– DISCUSSION of the fabulous gift shop for Christmas giving. i.e. Pink flight jackets for the ladies.
– HOLD THE DATE; Feb., 18 for the Gala. Honoring folks who have been in jets and space.
– (contact info: www.psairmuseum.org and (760) 778-6262.)
WARING INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION. w/ Ann Greer re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., #201, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT on the need for host homes.
– HOLD THE DATE: For the Gala on Monday Feb., 7, 2022 @ Westin Mission Hills. Tickets are $300 – $500.
– REPORT that the VWIP Competition will come back IN PERSON in April 10 – 18, 2022. Expecting 25 contestants ages 18 TO 31. City of Palm Desert is the Host Sponsor again and the events will be FREE thanks to the City of Palm Desert.
– REPORT that volunteer training will begin soon.
– (contact info: www.vwipc.org and (760) 773-2575).