Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians/Charity Segment – December 18, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians/Charity Segment
PEGASUS RIDING ACADEMY w/ Jennifer Heggie and Vail Horton, Ex., Director, re: 35-450 B. Pegasus Court, Palm Desert, CA. 92211. Presented and supported by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians.
– REPORT on mission statement: Serving children w/ disabilities. Put them on the 7 horses they have and they gain confidence. It’s 39 years old.
– DEFINITION of how riding a horse “helps”, “affects” children from 3 to adulthood. Agility activities.
– REPORT that they have more demand than facilities and staff.
– REPORT from Vail who was born w/ out legs and one arms. He was born and raised here. New Executive Director of Pegasus. Married w/ 4 children. He is able to do all the normal things, i.e. drive etc. He doesn’t use prostetic limbs now, gets around on a skateboard or scooter.
– DISCUSSION of what confidence he gained from Pegasus, even to the extent that he competed in shows. His extensive business background and speaking endeavors.
– PLEA for volunteers and donations. They need 100 volunteers a week!!!
– REPORT on working w/ Kate Anderson and the Tribe.
– (contact info: www.pegasusridingacademy.org and (760) 772-3057).