Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – October 2, 2021
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations @ D.O.H.C.; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are in our 82nd week of Pandemic.
– REPORT that we are making progress in Riverside County. 65% are fully vaccinated and 75% have had at least one shot.
– REPORT that hospitals have stabilized. Still over 500 cases a week that are mostly unvaccinated. 1,114 deaths in the CV in 82 weeks.
– REPORT that in RC we have 80,000 children who are vaccinated w/ a 98.6% efficacy. By Nov., we can vaccinate 5 year-olds and up.
– REPORT on boosters. No shortage of shots now.
– REPORT that there is a 25% reduction in cases nationally. The Delta variant has peaked. The new Mu Variant has actually disappeared.
– REPORT that FDA now recommends boosters for folks over 65 or w/ weakened immune systems, folks @ high risk.
– DISCUSSION of the violence against health care workers. COVID IS NOT A POLITICAL ISSUE. The Center for
Digital Hate has started to take down certain types of information.
– DISCUSSION that COVID is NOT good business for hospitals. Staff is exhausted as well. It is a struggle to keep up w/ difficult COVID patients in hospital.
– REPORT that only Pfiser has a booster @ this point in time. Boosters have 90% efficacy. Immunity lasts 6 months.
– DISCUSSION that flu and Covid vaccinations available @ all three D.O.H.C. locations, Palm Springs, Indio and Yucca Valley. Drive-thru too. D.O.H.C. has vaccinated 28,000 CV residents.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 969-6555).