City of Palm Springs, Chamber of Commerce Segment – October 23, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – City of Palm Springs, Chamber of Commerce Segment
PALM SPRINGS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE w/ Nona Watson, re: C.E.O. of the Chamber. 190 W. Amado Rd., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT of the 10.19 Walk of the Stars dedication for Frank Ferrante.
– DISCUSSION of the Chamber survey for the residents/businesses of Palm Springs to get guidance from your opinions for the City Council AND the Chamber. FILL OUT THE SURVEY.
– REPORT that Chamber did a survey for Tour de Palm Springs.
– DISCUSSION that EVERYONE is glad to be back “in season” w/ events. i.e. Ribbon cutting events for new Chamber members.
– HOLD THE DATE: 11.11 Veterans Day Parade.
– HOLD THE DATE: 12.7 Police and Fire Appreciation for $75. 11:30 @ the Convention Center w/ the new Police Chief, Andrew Mills and see the out-going Chief Bryan Reyes get the Richard Milanovich Award.
– HOLD THE DATE: 12.8 – Star for the Walk of The Stars for Dionne Warwick.
– HOLD THE DATE: 12.5 – Festival of Lights Parade.
– REPORT on the membership of the Council. About 1,000 members. New events, ideas etc., coming.
– DISCUSSION of how to join. On-line is easiest.
– REPORT on the Chamber’s magazine, “P.S. I Love You.” Goes to 32,000 residents and 2,000 businesses. GREAT EXPOSURE.
– DISCUSSION of 2 co-working spaces. Hoping to add a 3rd one.
– REPORT on Tuesday Networking Luncheons, info on chamber website.
– (contact info: www.pschamber.org and (760) 325-1577).