Act For MS/P.S. Air Museum/Waring International Piano Segment – July 31, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Act For MS/P.S. Air Museum/Waring International Piano Segment
ACT FOR MS w/ Ann Greer re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., Ste., # 118, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT on the live event “Marx on Marx” w/ Bill Marx and his nephew Greg, grandson of Gummo Marx. Raised a bit more than their goal. The event was sold out.
– REPORT on the need for donations for clients. Especially since gyms have been closed.
– DISCUSSION that several clients are home-bound and need circulation therapy. Act for MS sends therapist to the home.
– REPORT on events will be coming up in the Fall.
– REPORT that you have to be a resident and have a letter from a neurologist to be a client of Act For MS.
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM re:745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that the Museum will be closed Aug., 4 and 5th.
– All children 12 and under get in FREE w/ one paying adult thru the summer.
– REPORT that the Café is open now too.
– REPORT on the great gift shop.
– Warbird Rides available for $195. Book online for a ride in one of 2 P-51, (“Bunny” and “Man of War”) C-47, T28, T33 (jet).
– REPORT that the hangers are climate controlled.
– REPORT that money is being raised to go to the Air Races. Link on www.palmspringsairmuseum.org to donate.
VIRGINIA WARING INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., #201, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT that there will hopefully be a Grand Salon in November.
– REPORT on the Gala will be Feb., 7, 2022.
– REPORT that the VWIP Competition will come back in April 10 – 18, 2022. Expecting 25 contestants. City of Palm Desert is the Host Sponsor again and the events will be FREE thanks to the City of Palm Desert.