“Restaurant of the Week” Segment – May 29, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – “Restaurant of the Week” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
“RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK” w/ Jacky Donnell re: “Elmer’s” 1030 E. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs.
– REPORT on the dining INSIDE AND OUT now.
Tables are socially distant inside. Outside dining thru the summer will continue w/ fans, misters, umbrellas etc.
– REPORT on Joey’s crab-avocado omelette.
– REPORT on newer menu items; Strawberry apple poppyseed salad; fresh strawberry crepes, etc. Prime rib every night from 4 PM on.
– Open 7 days a week; great children’s menu.
– REPORT on corporate during the Pandemic; Palm Springs Elmer’s is #1. Oregon was hard hit but open now. Idaho was open most of the time w/ no mask and capacity restrictions; Arizona as well; Washington was closed for a bit, open now.
– REPORT on all the partitions she installed. Jacky will probably keep for privacy issues between booths.
– REPORT that you can wait in your cool car for your seating and you will be paged when it’s your turn.
– REPORT that Jacky will honor Veterans on Memorial Day w/ various programs. Identify yourself as a Veteran when you get there.
– DISCUSSION that no reservations are being taken right now.
– DISCUSSION of the sanitizing and cleaning that is still going on.
– DISCUSSION that Jacky was first to start seating on the front lawn March of last year. Breakfast, lunch and dinner inside, on the patio, or on the lawn.
– DISCUSSION that she’s in her 42nd year w/ Elmer’s.