Restaurant of the Week Segment – December 19, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Dick Shalhoub re: His 32 “McDonalds”.
– REPORT that his stores have drive thru’s open, as usual. Most of his employees are still working.
– REPORT that the Palm Desert McDonald’s DOES NOT have a drive thru, so there are different protocols @ that store.
– REPORT that there is a promotion on the McDonald’s app. Each day thru the Holidays there is a FREE product w/ a $1. Purchase. On “Frosty The Snowman” Day there will be a give-away a FREE McFlurry. On Christmas Eve Day there will be a FREE give-away of cookies.
– REPORT on the new products; cinnamon roll, blueberry muffin, apple fritter!!! Can get these three ALL DAY.
– DISCUSSION of McDonalds in 2021. What will be our “new normal”.
– REPORT that Mc Rib is here now. In February the spicy Chicken McNuggets will be back!!! Filet of Fish was a choice between a grilled pineapple sandwich and a Filet of Fish. End of the first quarter there will be a Chicken Sandwich on a potato bun, w/ a different batter, and a pickle. GREAT!!!
– REPORT that McDonald’s will continue to improve and continue to serve.
– Trees freshly cut, not stored for months.
– From Montana and Idaho.
– They will deliver.
– Tree stands available, that don’t leak.
– Wreaths, garlands, etc.,
– Will flock any color.
– Open 9 AM to 9 PM up to and thru Christmas Day.
– Their lot: 73-796 San Luis Rey, Palm Desert. Call Chuck (951) 544-3569.