Eisenhower Health Segment – October 24, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
EISENHOWER HEALTH w/ Alison Sachs re: Director of Cancer Programs @ Eisenhower Health Lucy Curci Cancer Center. 39000 Bob Hope Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270.
– REPORT on Oct., being Breast Cancer Awareness Month. EH is doing a lot virtually. ZOOMing all over for their Cancer Patients may be easier from the comfort of home. Numbers are huge in this regard.
– REPORT of Special events; 10/28 “Early Stage Breast Cancer Treatment Updates”; 10/29 “Emerging Therapies in Triple Negative Breast Cancer”; and after the event these events will be on-line @ www.eisenhowerhealth.org.
– REPORT that “To Screen or Not to Screen” stressed NO MATTER WHAT YOUR AGE, get screened for breast cancer.
– DISCUSSION of the definition of Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Not estrogen driven. Triple Negative Breast Cancer is showing up in younger women.
– DISCUSSION of “The Risks of Breast Cancer” via H.A.R.C. “Breast Cancer is the disease of statistics.” One in 8 women will develop Breast Cancer. Most common cancer here in the Desert is skin cancer. Second most common cancer is breast. One in 5 cancer survivors in the CV have been diagnosed w/ breast cancer.
– DISCUSSION of how to examine yourself for breast cancer. DISCUSSION of need to keep that belly fat down as well.
– REPORT that every Wed., there is an information support group ON-LINE.
– EXTENDED hours for mammograms. Info on the website.