“Restaurant of the Week” Segment August 21,2021
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – “Restaurant of the Week” Segment
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Tim Webster re: “Aspen Mills”.
1.) 555 S. Sunrise Way, Palm Springs
2.) Clarks Nutrition, Rancho Mirage
3.) 46-520 Washington St., La Quinta
4.) Rancho Mirage Library, Rancho Mirage **TEMPORARILY CLOSED**
5.) NEW RESTAURANT in Palm Desert
– DISCUSSION of the tuna salad that was voted “Best in the Valley” by P.S. Life Magazine.
– REPORT on summer. All locations are open normal hours, open @ 7 AM. All are closed on Sundays. Can dine inside and out @ all locations too. Still take-out of course. Masks required inside.
– REPORT on the 5 different salads.
– REPORT on the 30 different kinds of breads. No preservatives in any of their breads. They employ the services of a “bread chemist”. i.e. pumpkin chocolate chip bread, etc. MAKE GREAT GIFTS.
– REPORT on the different sandwiches.
– REPORT on the muffins, cookies, round cakes, brownies, low carb breads, etc.
– REPORT on juices, water, coffee etc.
– DISCUSSION that everything is made from scratch w/ real butter, etc. The baking goes on around the clock.
– REPORT that he’s been open since 1995.
– (contact info: www.aspenmillsbakery.com and (760) 323-3123)