cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – November 8, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Lisa Stanford, re: 75-270 Hwy., 111, Ste., 204, Indian Wells 92210.
– MISSION STATEMENT that Dementia Help Center is the rescue plan for family caregivers. Offer individual and family coaching, personalized planning, care management and placement when the time comes. Fear cripples, but knowledge empowers.
– TIPS FOR GETTING THRU THE HOLIDAYS
1. Manage your expectations of what your loved one is capable of. Advise the people you will be visiting it may have been a while since your loved one has been seen. Give them all a head’s up as to what to expect.
2. Have a “quiet” area for your loved one @ a busy family event.
3. It may be better to visit during the Holidays @ their care facility than trying to take them on a trip/outing.
4. Watch their energy levels, i.e. if they are use to a nap.
5. If you do travel, advise the airline that you are traveling w/ someone w/ Dementia/Alzheimer’s.
6. Provide their favorite music on a headset.
– REPORT that you should go from “care giver” to “care manager”. 70% of family members caring for a family member will develop a life-threatening illness.
– REPORT on their bi-monthly “THRIVE” support group for ALL LEVELS IS BACK. Open to clients, family, care-givers. They also have a ZOOM meeting. Call for the link. FREE CONSULTATIONS. Indian Wells group meets 1st and 3rd Wed., of each month. La Quinta group meets 2nd and 4th Wed., in Old Town. of each month.
– (contact info: www.dementiahelpcenter.com and (760) 636-6355).