Senior Moment” Segment – November 8, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen C.E.O., re: 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– REPORT that CBAS and Desert Memory Club are going strong.
– HOLD THE DATES: Tues., Nov., 21. Thanksgiving Dinner for the clients.
– REPORT that The Center will be open ½ day on Nov., 22 and closed on Thurs., and Fri. the 23 and 24th.
– ANNOUNCEMENT that the Center will celebrate every holiday in December.
– REPORT that their programs are for anyone 18 and older, but the majority of their clients are 55 plus.
– DISCUSSION of the onset of depression as we near the Holidays. Allan is starting a “telephone tree” of folks to check on each other.
– REPORT that the clients make homemade Christmas Cards.
– REPORT on “Forbidden Broadway” and the costumes he sewed.
– ANNOUNCEMENT; Every Wednesday. Tonight doors open @ 6 PM, performing starts @ 6:30 to 9 PM. Joel Baker on “Myrtle”. Now the volunteer staff is doing a snack bar and drinks. Fee is $10. Bring you sheet music AND IF YOU DON’T HAVE ANY, don’t worry, Joel can play anything.
– REPORT on the Memory Care Facility.
1. Free 3 days a week
2. Two programs; CBAS and Memory Club.
3. A really safe environment.
4. Transportation via Sunline.
5. 8 AM to 2 PM w/ 2 meals, activities, exercise, etc.
– (contact info; www.neurovitalitycenter.org and (760) 323-7676).