“Legal Eagle” Segment – October 18, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – “Legal Eagle” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
LAW OFFICES OF ROBERT L. FIRTH w/ Robert Firth re: 68910 Adelina Road, Cathedral City, CA. 92234.
– REPORT that Robert’s expertise is in Consumer Bankruptcy, #7 and #13. Now he’s very busy. No more moratorium on evictions and foreclosures. He does wills, probates and estate planning. He is on a TV webinar explaining trusts on KESQ early Sat., morning.
– REPORT on Robert’s Mother’s Memorial Service and the sympathies of the show for Robert and his family.
– QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS”.
1. What are the legal issues for egg and sperm doners when the children grow up? (Not aware of any law that says you must tell. There’s a confidentiality agreement when you donate. All anonymous. What if they marry? What if they need an organ and need the genetic match? Possible DNA test before you can marry.)
2. What are the legal implications if a “driverless car” gets into an accident? (The manufacturer of the car, possibly the owner of the car, if they knew of a defect. What if the driverless car is used in a crime?)
3. A ban in CA. for LGBTQ books? (Actually, more the opposite.)
4. If a man fathers a baby w/ a woman who is cheating on her husband, who is responsible? (Historically a presumption that a child born in wedlock, the husband is the father and financially responsible. The lover has 2 years after the birth to file for paternity. DNA is involved. Distinction between the legal father and the biological father. The lover may want visitation rights along w/ paying support.)
5. Ford called a recall for fire on a 2019 Ford E Car and offered the owner $250. For gas AND TOLD THEM NOT TO PLUG IT IN. Could have caught the house on fire from charging in the garage? (DO NOT CASH THE CHECK, get a lemon-law lawyer. Demand a new car, or suffering.)
– (contact info: www.firthlaw.com and (760) 770-4066).