Revolution Stage Company Segment – September 29, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – Revolution Stage Company Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
REVOLUTION STAGE COMPANY w/ Dan Gelfand and Gary Powers, Producing Partner re; re: 611 S. Palm Cyn., Dr., P.S.
– REPORT that Dan and Gary were both born on Sept., 27.
– REPORT that the new REVOLUTION STAGE COMPANY was previously Desert Rose Playhouse. Located in the Sun Shopping Center on South Palm Canyon, near JOEY’S REVIVALS.
– DISCUSSION that they wanted a place to show and develop new theater works. James Owens is their producing partner.
– REPORT on the remodeling. 130 new cushioned seats, full-service bar, an ice cream station, new dressing rooms, partner w/ a stage in London etc.
– REPORT that the stage will be in use almost every night.
– SCHEDULE for Mid Century Modern “The Juke Box Musical” Pop Songs of the 1960’s; Fri., night @ 7 pm, Sat. and Sun. afternoons @ 2 PM. Will run thru Thanksgiving Weekend.
– Some new cast members. Began @ Desert Rose Playhouse in 2022.
– DISCUSSION of the plot of the show and the awards MCM has gotten.
– HOLD THE DATES;
Oct., 12 – world premier “Not in Front of the Children”.
Rise-Up Cabaret – opening soon.
“A Christmas Carol”
– (contact info; www.revolutionstagecompany.com)