Palm Springs Walk of the Stars Segment – September 27, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – Palm Springs Walk of the Stars Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
PALM SPRINGS WALK OF THE STARS w/ Evan Gray re: P.S. Chamber of Commerce, 190 W. Amado Rd., P.S. CA. 92262.
– REPORT that Evan is the Director of Programs.
– REPORT that @ 217 S. Palm Cyn., @ the Village Green exhibition called “Out on the Walk’ opens, which will run thru Pride. Ribbon cutting for the opening of the exhibition. Will honor all LGBTQ Star recipients. Oct., 11 is National “Coming Out” Day.
– DISCUSSION of how you apply to get a star. The Committee the application must pass. Info is on the website.
– HOLD THE DATE; Oct.,20 @ 11 AM; Leslie Jordan’s Star Dedication @ the P.S. Park.
LEADERSHIP COACHELLA VALLEY
-REPORT that this is a leadership program for all adults in the Valley started in 2001 by ALL the Valley Chambers. 10-month long program. Sept., – June. Meet once a month for a full day. Focus on a different topic that faces the Valley each month. Application process w/ an interview and 45 students were chosen for this year’s class. It’s very prestigious. $1,200. For the year. www.leadershipcv.org.
EMERGE PALM SPRINGS
– REPORT that he began this a year ago. It’s a younger mixer group. 25-40 ish age. Evan hosts a monthly “happy hour” event @ a different restaurant to meet and greet. Networking Group. A social club. About 65 – 70 people attend. His newsletter goes out to 500 folks.www.emergePalmSprings.com.
– (contact info: www.pschamber.org and (760) 325-1577).