Tours Segment – October 3, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – Tours Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
RED JEEP TOURS “MOUNTAINS OF FUN” w/ Rick Curtiss re; 74-794 Lennon Pl., Ste., B. Palm Desert.
– REPORT that reptiles “brumate” and small desert mammals “estivate”.
– REPORT that October is their “back to regular schedule” month. Doing morning and afternoon tours again. 8 AM and 1 PM.
– REPORT They have 15 Jeeps and 2 SUVs. They have 40 drivers/guides. All are well-trained and make their own tours up. Although there is a list of required things to show on the tour. They run tours 3 or 4 days a week depending on the weather.
1. San Andreas Fault Tour – the regular main tour in the morning. We live @ the southern end of this fault. Our fault is “gentle”.
2. Indian Canyons – only in the weekends, weather permitting.
3. Still doing Joshua Tree – leave the Valley early to avoid the heat..
4. Cancelling the Painted Canyon Tour in the summer.
– REPORT that they are only doing one tour and get off the Desert floor before it gets hot. Start earlier.
– REPORT that there are 5 Canyons; Palm, Andreas, Murray, Chino and Tahquitz REPORT on the 3 ways the plates move. 1. Subduction zone. 2. Plate spreading. 3. Strike/slip.
– (contact info; www.red-jeep.com and (760 324-5337).