Palm Springs International Airport Segment – October 3, 2023
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 2 – Palm Springs International Airport Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT w/ Daniel Meier. Re: Deputy Director of Aviation, Marketing & Air Service @ Palm Springs International Airport.
– REPORT on last month’s Open House for the Master Plan @ the Convention Center.
– DISCUSSION of the prospect of electric planes. United has one in development.
– REPORT on the “refresh” of the gates on the Sonny Bono Concourse.
– REPORT on the new restaurants and shops that are coming. There will be 6 restaurants, 2 coffee shops and an ice cream shop.
– REPORT on the new Economy Parking lot.
– REPORT that the Seasonal Airlines are back.
– REPORT that Dec., 14 Alaska Airlines starts their new non-stop service from PSP to JFK. It will run 5 days a week thru April. And Jet Blue has the “red-eye” to New York as well.
– REPORT that there is a new website that will tell you what you can and cannot take. Go to www.tsa.gov and go to the section “what can I bring”.
– REPORT on the new check-in procedure, i.e. TSA. (www.tsa.gov) US Global Entry; Clear (www.clearme.com). Now you don’t have to go to a TSA office, starting soon will just have to go to PSP.
– (contact info: www.flypsp.com)