cont. of the Animal Segment – August 11, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – cont. of the Animal Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
cont. ANIMAL SAMARITANS w/ Valerie Kattz and Jarred Ellis. Director of Development and Philanthropy.
– HOLD THE DATE; DOGUST 19 go to the “Living Free Desert Outpost” @ the Shops in Palm Desert lower- level adoption event for cats and dogs from 11 AM – 3 PM.
– REPORT on the rule of 3, 3, 3, when you adopt a pet.
1. It takes 3 days for the new pet to adjust to its surroundings.
2. It takes 3 weeks for the new pet to de-compress and feel adjusted.
3. It takes 3 months for the new pet to be fully adapted to its new home.
– DISCUSSION of the dogs biting the Secret Service folks in the White House.
– HOLD THE DATE: Dec., 3; 11 AM @ the P.S. Air Museum “Men of the Desert”. Sponsorships and underwriting needed. Tickets will go on sale soon. Fashions are from Saks Fifth Avenue again.
– DISCUSSION of Pet Safety Reminders in the heat;
1. Paws off pavement.
2. Don’t leave a pet in the car. ILLEGAL in CA.
3. Keep extra water outside, shaded spot.
4. Limit outdoor activity.
5. Observe pool safety.
– DISCUSSION of wildlife pet safety;
1. Never let pets roam off leash re; coyotes.
2. Get a coyote vest.
3. Beware of rattlesnakes.
– (contact info: www.animalsamaritans.org and (760) 343-3477)