American Legion Segment – August 11, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – American Legion Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
American Legion Dept. of CA (Salinas Heritage Group) w/ Amado Salinas. National Legislative Council for the Dept., of CA.; National Media and Communications Committee for the American Legion; Judge Advocate Dept., of CA. of the American Legion; Area 5 District 1 First Vice for membership; Aerospace Commissioner to work w/ youth; Life member of American Legion Post 519 @ 400 N. Belardo, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on how important membership numbers are in order to get funding for Veteran’s programs.
– DISCUSSION of the “drone soccer” program he is working to develop. He went to Korea and worked on this. 27 Nations are involved in this program.
– REPORT on the “Be The One” campaign to help the 22 – 40 veterans a day that commit suicide. 988 phone number is the suicide Hot Line.
– REPORT to HOLD THE DATE; Aug.,19 Rally for Vets “Be the One”. The rally starts in LA and will go all the way to D.C. Palm Springs will be the first official stop after L.A. Post 519 @ 5. PM. Angel Force Band will be there. Dignitaries i.e. Police Chief Andrew Mills. Details @ www.rally4vets.com.
– DISCUSSION of the categories under which you can join the American Legion.
– REPORT on how to gain access to the American Legion Post as a member, a guest, etc.
– THANKS to Area 5 Vice-Commander.
– REPORT that Amado is a suicide survivor.
– DISCUSSION that this will be “national”. Driving from the West Coast to Washington D.C. Cars can join up along the way.
– DISCUSSION of “standing post” @ the tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
– (contact info; www.legion.org and (760) 325-6229)