Palm Springs Air Museum Segment – September 6, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 3 – Palm Springs Air Museum Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM w/ Ann Greer re: 745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on the efforts by the P.S. Air Museum for victims of Hurricane Hilary in Cathedral City organized by Fred Bell. For every $200.00 or more donation the Air Museum will provide a FREE ride on the C-47.
HOLD THE DATES;
– DISCUSSION that this Sept., 15, 16 will be the LAST RENO AIR RACE. We need support NOW for the three planes of ours that are going.
– SEPT., 16 – POW/MIA Recognition Night. The 50th anniversary of the return home of the Viet Nam vets. Theme is “Welcome Home”.
– REPORT on the upcoming events to interest students in careers in Aviation.
– REPORT on the Capital Campaign to expand the front of the building. Will be named the Ronald M. Auen Learning Center w/ 200 seat education/movie theater/lecture facility/classroom type of facility. There will be better “flow” entering the Museum, seating areas, modern looking etc. This is all part of STEM. (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). Info is @ www.palmspringsairmuseum.org/education.
– The Patriotic Center of the Coachella Valley.
– REPORT that the Museum is open every day from 10 AM to 5 PM. that KIDS 12 and under get in FREE w/ a paying adult. Friendly dogs on a leash. DO NOT LEAVE PETS IN A CAR.
– REPORT that all hangers are air conditioned in 91,000 sq. feet of exhibit space.
– REPORT on the gift shop where you can go in and shop without going into the Museum
– REPORT that you can go into the Café and not go into the Museum. (Best tuna fish sandwich)
– REPORT that Sat., mornings from 10:30 – 12:30 PM “Open Cockpits” included w/ Museum admission.
– (contact info: www.palmspringsairmuseum.org and (760) 778-6262.)
– REPORT ON ACT FOR MS;
– REPORT on HOLD THE DATES:
1. Nov., 29 – Christmas Event @ the P.S. Air Museum
2. Feb., 19 – Golf Tourney @ Palm Valley
3. Ap., 6 – 25th Gala
– DISCUSSION of the wonderful grant Act For MS received for mental health support.
(contact info: www.actforms.org and ((760) 773-9806).