CV Rep Segment – September 6, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 2 – CV Rep Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
CV REP w/ Adam Karsten re: Executive Artistic Director of CV Rep, A World Class Theater in an intimate setting. www.cvrep.org. 68510 E. Palm Cyn., Dr., Cathedral City, CA. 92234.
– DISCUSSION of the how/where/when Adam began in Theater in Dublin, Ireland.
– DISCUSSION of the rigor and discipline involved in the theater.
– DISCUSSION of Adam’s family; his wife Karen, the gifted choreographer, daughter Keely and son Rowan.
– REPORT on the “Bully Plays” that will be presented for the CV school children. Last two weeks in Sept., Show is cast w/ students.
– ANNOUNCING CVREP’S FULL SEASON 2023-2024.
1. Nov., 1 – 12; “The Fantasticks – A Love Story Reimagined” West Coast Premier, before it goes to Broadway.
– REPORT on the “Origins” Adam is presenting the New Works Development Program @ CVRep. Looking to create, discover and develop the next Broadway Show. Each year CVRep will do 4 to 6 readings of new works w/ the writers, creative teams for a public reading. One of these offerings will be chosen to produce the next year @ CVRep.
2. Dec., 6 – 17; “Summer Session w/ the Bones Brigade”
3. Jan., 24 – Feb., 4; “Cabaret”
4. Feb., 28 – Mar., 10; “POTUS; Or, Behind Every Great Dumbass Are Seven Women Trying to Keep Him Alive”
5. Ap., 10 – 21; “Nice Work if You Can Get It”.
– REPORT that tickets are on sale now for the series and single seat sales begin Sept., 15.
– DISCUSSION that thru CVRep you don’t have to travel to New York, New York is coming to CVRep.
– (contact info; www.cvrep.org).