Eisenhower Health Segment – August 23, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
EISENHOWER HEALTH w/ Alison M. Sachs; MSW, OSW-C, Community Outreach and Cancer Support Services Director for Eisenhower Health Lucie Curci Cancer Canter re: Eisenhower Health 39000 Bob Hope Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270.
– REPORT on her job description. What do her oncology patients need; what is her group providing or not providing? i.e. education programs, support groups, exercise classes, stress management, nutrition and genetic, counseling, social work, oncology nurse navigation etc.,
– REPORT that the younger population from 30 to 39 is getting more prevalent in women. Especially colon cancer.
– DISCUSSION of the impact of Covid on that statistic. 1. Fearful to go to doctors offices. 2. Put off routine screenings. 3. Put off treatments. Etc.
– TOPIC FOR TODAY; Prostate Cancer
1. After skin cancer, prostate cancer is #2 for cancer in men.
2. Only real test for prostate cancer is still a PSA test.
3. To reduce the risk and learn of treatments for prostate cancer; HOLD THESE DATES: Sept. is PROSTATE CANCER AWARENESS MONTH.
a. Sept., 14; 12 noon to 1 PM; Delshad Ahmad, M.D. Board Certified in Hematology/Oncology. Insights into advanced prostate cancer.
b. Sept., 18; 12 noon to 1 PM: Kamal Patel, MD, Board Certified in Radiation Oncology. Radiation and improvements in treatments. NO AI involved.
c. Sept., 26; 5:30 to 6:30 PM: James Hendricks, MD, Board Certified in Urology w/ dinner. Advances in prostate cancer treatments, early detection, symptoms, PSA imagining, testing and robotic prostatectomies. Newest doctor @ EH.
– REPORT that these lectures from the Selby Dunham Community Lecture Series will be held @ the Annenberg Health Science Building.
– (contact info; www.eisenhowerhealth.org and (760) 834-3798).