Desert Water Agency Segment – August 4, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Seg 1 – Desert Water Agency Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitl Pena re: 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT – Is my water safe? Do I need a water filter. (Water is tested 2500 times a year. Yes, it’s safe. No, you don’t need a filter.)
– REPORT – Why do I have white build-up on faucets and glasses? (Calcium and/or Magnesium. Our water has high mineral content. Not harmful and can be removed w/ vinegar).
– REPORT – Why does water sometimes look white or cloudy when it comes out of the faucet? (Those are air bubbles. Because of the pressure).
– REPORT – Why does my water smell like chlorine? (Because a small amt. of chlorine is added to meet drinking water regulations. Very safe to drink).
– REPORT – Do I need a water softener for my water? (DWA does not prohibit water softeners, but in some areas they are banned because of the discharge they might have.)
– REPORT that they will mail the Water Quality Report if you call and request same.
– (contact info: www.dwa.org.and (760) 323-4971)