cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – July 12, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 3 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
cont. DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: 75-578 Hwy., 111 Ste., 204 Indian Wells, CA. 92210.
– DISCUSSION of the brain involvement in Dementia issues. Means 2 parts of the brain are mis-firing. The tests for Dementia involve several different factors and issues.
– DISCUSSION of how tests are administered for Dementia. i.e. brain scan, MRI, etc.
– REPORT that there are over 100 types of Dementia.
– REPORT on what part of your brain is being affected by the Dementia.
– DISCUSSION that 70% of folks diagnosed w/ Dementia today have an Alzheimers diagnosis.
– DISCUSSION that the 2nd most diagnosed type of Dementia is Vascular Dementia.
– DISCUSSION that Dementia is NOT A DIAGNOSIS. It is an umbrella term. Make a list before going to the doctor.
1. Make a list of observations.
2. Watch neurological aspects.
3. Have an exhaustive blood panel.
– REPORT on their bi-monthly “THRIVE” support group for ALL LEVELS. Open to clients, family, care-givers. Also have a ZOOM meeting. Call for the link. FREE CONSULTATIONS. Indian Wells group meets 1st and 3rd Wed., of each month. La Quinta group
– (contact info: www.dementiahelpcenter.com and (760) 636-6355)