Tours Segment – July 4, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 3 – Tours Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
RED JEEP TOURS “MOUNTAINS OF FUN” w/ Rick Curtiss re; 74-794 Lennon Pl., Ste., B. Palm Desert.
– REPORT that in July they are only doing morning tours now. They have 15 Jeeps and 2 SUVs. They have 40 drivers/guides. All are well-trained and make their own tours up. Although there is a list of required things to show on the tour. They run tours 3 or 4 days a week depending on the heat.
1. San Andreas Fault Tour – the regular main tour in the morning.
2. Indian Canyons – usually starts @ 8 AM.
3. Still doing Joshua Tree.
4. Cancelling the Painted Canyon Tour in the summer.
– REPORT that they are only doing one tour and get off the Desert floor before it gets hot. Start earlier.
– REPORT that there are 5 Canyons; Palm, Andreas, Murray, Chino and Tahquitz.
– DISCUSSION of the training the almost 40 guides must have.
– (contact info; www.red-jeep.com and (760 324-5337).