Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – May 8, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations @ D.O.H.C.; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that this is the 166th week of D.O.H.C.’s reporting since the start of the Pandemic.
– REPORT on his SRO appearance @ Steve Kanold’s ACT FREE Travel Club of the Desert. Wed., May 3 @ the Best Western, Palm Desert Resort, 74-695 Hwy., 111 from 1 – 3 PM. Dr. Brian’s talked about “How to Stay Healthy on your Travels” and he took questions.
– QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS” in the “Medicine Cabinet”.
1. Is there a urine test to detect cancer? (Actually, it’s a blood test that can detect 50 types of cancers. Called liquid biopsies. Genetic predictors of risk. If there is blood in the urine, an indication of several cancers. Urine tests not accurate enough yet.)
– DISCUSSION – Out of Denmark, ear buds that perform micro EEG while you sleep and can detect Alzheimers and Parkinsons much earlier. New drug that will slow the progression of Alzheimers. NOT CURE it, but controversial and very expensive. 75% of all world-wide cases of Alzheimers are NEVER diagnosed.
2. Are there signs that someone is going to die soon? (Yes, changes in appetite, breathing and sleeping habits. D.O.H.C. has a great Family Hospice Care. Also, changes in your hand, foot, leg colors and temperatures.).
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and www.myturn.gov and (760) 969-6555).