Restaurant of the Week Segment – May 8, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Willie Rhine re: “849 Restaurant & Lounge”, 849 N. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs, 92262. “1501 Uptown Gastropub”. 1501 N. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs, 92262. “Willie’s Modern Fare” 69830 CA.-111, Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270.
– REPORT that THE THREE RESTAURANTS ARE Equally beautiful, but VERY (entirely) different.
– REPORT ON “849 Restaurant & Lounge”.
– REPORT on Joey’s favorite….the salad nicoise.
– REPORT on menu items. Scottish steel-head salmon, amazing steaks, great burgers, pastas, ahi tuna poke, Caesar salad, fabulous desserts (carrot cake) etc. Open 7 days a week, all day long. Lunch, Happy Hour and Dinner. Albert is NOW in charge of the kitchen. Brunch on the weekends. Great catering services.
– REPORT on the extensive catering business Willie oversees.
– REPORT that they will be open ALL SUMMER.
– (contact info: www.eight4nine.com and (760) 325-8490).
– REPORT on “1501 Uptown Gastropub”.
– REPORT that they will be open ALL SUMMER LONG.
– REPORT on the “garage doors” that open to all the patios in the great weather.
– REPORT Menu is elevated pub/comfort food. Sal is the chef there. Large beer selection. Wonderful menu items; pasta dishes, shepard’s pie, fish ‘n chips, short ribs, ahi tuna salad, the amazing burgers and sandwiches, etc. www.1501uptown.com and (760) 320-1501.
– REPORT on “Willie’s Modern Fare”.
– REPORT that this is for fine dining. Comfort food and Happy Hour prices and casual dining in the Lounge.
– REPORT on one more Gospel Brunch this Sunday for a while.
– REPORT that this has the biggest kitchen of the 3 and is where all the baking is done. YAY.
– REPORT that as of June 1, they will be open 4 days a week; Wed., thru Sat., w/ a three course Summer Menu. www.williesrm.com and (760) 202-4499.