cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – April 12, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 3 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen re: Ex. Dir. and Program Director – 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– REPORT of their mission statement and that Neuro Vitality Center is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC 5 days a week; 8 AM to 2 PM.
– REPORT to continue what Lisa was talking about. He sees the same thing among clients, who DON’T WANT TO LEAVE their peers. They identify w/ dementia folks going thru the same thing as they.
– REPORT on their Desert Memory Club 8 AM – 2 PM (DMC CLUB) for folks w/ more advanced Dementia (16 main ones) and Alzheimer. Discussion of how that is determined. Cost is $20/hour or $88/day 5 days a week. More for the Caregiver and give them a respite. Need a note from your Doctor. Still have openings for 3 days a week FREE under their grant.
– REPORT on the Community Based Adult Service Program. (CBAS) and the programs offered thru this.
– REPORT that people on Medical can come to the CBAS program @ NVC 5 days a week and GET ALL THE SERVICES FOR FREE. You get therapy AND 2 meals a day.
– REPORT that you should never say “no”, just rei-direct their statements.
– REPORT on the new Parkinson Program that just began March 1. For the clients; 2 one-hour group sessions a week w/ a therapist. A one-hour Zoom group session w/ a speech therapist. $50/week. Case management in ANYTHING thru CAARES.
– HOLD THE DATE: Sun. May 7 Artists reception of art exhibit by Meridy Volz from 1 – 5 PM….viewing thru May 12 from 10 to 2.
– REPORT that there will be a live one-person show EVERY SATURDAY thru May. $15. Cover @ the door.
– (contact info; www.neurovitalitycenter.org and (760) 323-7676).