“Senior Moment” Segment – April 12, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – “Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Lisa Stanford re: 75-270 Hwy., 111, Ste., 204, Indian Wells 92210.
– MISSION STATEMENT that Dementia Help Center is the rescue plan for family caregivers. Fear cripples, but knowledge empowers.
– REPORT on the Thrive Program “Box Luncheon” that Kae Hammond presented for clients and their care-givers.
– REPORT on how the clients gravitated to each other and had a lovely, communicative, social time.
– REPORT that this assuaged fears from the care-givers about placing the client in a facility. Saw that the client was actually BETTER OFF.
– THE ANSWER TO ALL ISSUES IS DEMENTIAL HELP CENTER.
– Become a care-manager, not a care-giver.
– REPORT on their bi-monthly “THRIVE” support group for ALL LEVELS. Open to clients, family, care-givers. Also have a ZOOM meeting. Call for the link. FREE CONSULTATIONS. Indian Wells group meets 1st and 3rd Wed., of each month. La Quinta group meets 2nd and 4th Wed., in Old Town. of each month.
– DISCUSSION of any change in a person’s gait is a strong indication of what is to come.
– (contact info: www.dementiahelpcenter.com and (760) 636-6355).