“Senior Moment” Segment – February 8, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen re: Ex. Dir. and Program Director – 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– REPORT on the fact that we all have partial symptoms of Dementia. Studies show that the beginning signs in males show up @ about age 25 (Stage 1) according to the scale from the Alzheimers Association. That’s when the brain stops producing brain cells.
– DISCUSSION of the fact that we don’t use 75% of our brains.
– REPORT of their mission statement and that Neuro Vitality Center is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC 5 days a week.
– REPORT on the Community Based Adult Service Program. (CBAS) and the programs offered thru this.
1. If you are on Medical you can come to the NVC for FREE. Medical is for everybody. You can have Medical on top of Medicare and your secondary insurance.
2. Medical looks @ your assets and your property of $2000. Now one person as of July 1, you can have property limits of $130,000.
3. You can get on Medical as long as your property doesn’t exceed $130,000.
4. You can have retirement, 401K etc.,
5. People on Medical can come to the CBAS program @ NVC 5 days a week and GET ALL THE SERVICES FOR FREE. You get therapy AND 2 meals a day.
6. People don’t think they quality until they talk to Jesus.
– REPORT on their Desert Memory Club (DMC CLUB) for folks w/ more advanced Dementia (16 main ones) and Alzheimer. Discussion of how that is determined. Cost is $20/hour or $88/day 5 days a week. More for the Caregiver and give them a respite.
– REPORT on the new Parkinson Program that will begin March 1. For the clients; 2 one-hour group sessions a week w/ a therapist. A one-hour Zoom group session w/ a speech therapist. Case management in ANYTHING thru CAARES.
– REPORT on the Valentine Party for all the clients.
TONIGHT w/ “Open Mic”; doors open @ 6 PM, star5t singing @ 6:30 PM, $10. Cover and $10. For dinner and $5. For beer and wine.
– HOLD THE DATE: Wed., Feb., 15 for One Year Celebration.
– REPORT that there will be a live one-person show EVERY SATURDAY thru May. $15. Cover @ the door.
– (contact info; www.neurovitalitycenter.org and (760) 323-7676).