Palm Springs International Airport Segment – February 7, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 2 – Palm Springs International Airport Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT w/ Daniel Meier. Re: Deputy Director of Aviation, Marketing & Air Service @ Palm Springs International Airport.
– REPORT that we have 12 airlines and 32 non-stop routes in Season.
– REPORT that the “ground stop” didn’t really impact P.S. Airport much.
– REPORT that United is offering just a handful of special flights to and from Newark for both Coachella Weekends in April.
– REPORT that American will do similar round-trip flights to and from LAX for Coachella and Stagecoach. Also additional flights to Austin, TX. And Chicago O’Hare.
– DISCUSSION of the expansion Master plans going forward for PSP. Document will guide the development of the airport for the next 10 years. i.e. parking lots, etc. Will involve lots of community input and meetings. The vacant property is near Kirk Douglas Way.
– REPORT that the new concourse will open w/ all the new restaurants and shops will open this Fall.
– REPORT that there is a new website that will tell you what you can and cannot take. www.tsa.gov and go to the section “what can I bring”.
– REPORT on the new check-in procedure; i.e. TSA. (www.tsa.gov) US Global Entry; Clear (www.clearme.com). Now you don’t have to go to a TSA office, starting soon will just have to go to PSP.
– (contact info: www.flypsp.com)