Mini-Modernism Tour Segment – February 7, 2023
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – Mini-Modernism Tour Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
MINI-MODERNISM TOUR w/ David Rios. re: 2777 E. Baristo Rd., P.S.
– DISCUSSION of David’s talents/business ventures
in Interior Design, Real Estate, Boutique Hotels and The Firm, commercial real estate.
– DISCUSSION of his love of the history of Palm Springs. How Palm Springs was developed, by whom, AND w/ all the historical value that exists here. Why did folks start to come to Palm Springs to comply w/ their movie contracts that required them to be “in studio” in a certain time frame.
– REPORT on how to re-design your back yard to create the resort style.
– QUOTE from Nellie Coffman; “build attractive places for attractive people and they will come.” How her ranch is the only property in Palm Springs allowed to have horses.
– DISCUSSION of how to bring back the details of historic properties. I.e. windows.
– REPORT on the playful visit for a property built in the 1930’s for his Mini-Modernism Tour. Attention to all the materials, vintage styles and designs used originally. How to bring this home and style into modern technology.
– HOLD THE DATE: Feb., 19. 4:30 – 5:30 on the first 2 acres. Then an “after party”. Sign up @ www.gspsr.info to get an invitation.
– REPORT on his newest work for Discovery Plus and HBO Max work for the new “Trixie Motel” and “The Velvet Rope”.
– (contact info: www.davidriosdesigns.com and (714) 345-7610.